Local ware potato specification
At least 50 mm in diameter, the percentage of tubers within that size range not to exceed 30% of the consignment.
- Fully matured with firm skin.
- Free from diseases such as bacterial wilt (Ralstonia solanacearum), soft rot (Erwinia carotovora),common scab (Streptomyces scabies).
- Free from internal blemishes and physiological disorders such as secondary growth, hollow and black heart, growth cracks.
- Free from pest infestation and damage by tuber moth (phthorimaea operculella).
- Free from soil adhesion and greening.
- Free from mechanical damage.
A 100-gram (g) or 3.5- ounce serving is a little more than half of a medium size potato. This much white potato, baked with skin, contains:
- 94 calories
- 15 grams of fat
- 0 grams of cholesterol
- 08 grams of carbohydrate
- 1 grams of dietary fiber
- 10 grams of protein
- 10 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 64 mg of iron
- 27 mg of magnesium
- 75 mg of phosphorus
- 544 mg of potassium
- 6 mg of vitamin C
- 211 mg of vitamin B6
- 38 micrograms (mcg) of folate